Hygiene in these times is defined as the set of measures and standards that must be individually complied with in order to keep us out of this pandemic. However, while continuing to be carried away by anxiety, worry, or paranoia, travel is a source of not only cultural exchange, but also viruses. In the case of Peru at the time of entry, all persons must submit the Sworn Declaration of Health of the Traveler in order to prevent the entry of the coronavirus (COVID-19). In this blog we will give you some advice on the measures to be taken to travel after the Covid-19:
- Be sure to receive travel authorization from your agency and to consult a qualified healthcare provider before traveling.
- Do not travel if you are sick or have a fever and cough.
- Be sure to comply with hand hygiene and keep a minimum distance of one meter from those who cough and sneeze.
- The use of masks does not prevent the spread of the virus.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your forearm or a disposable tissue when you cough or sneeze, and remove the tissues in a closed container.
- Wash your hands properly for 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, without having previously washed your hands.
- Avoid sharing food, utensils and your personal objects (comb, towel, clothes, etc.).
- Have gel alcohol on hand in case you do not have access to soap and water.
- Avoid direct contact with people with respiratory problems.
- Do not self-medicate.
If during your trip to the country with cases of local transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19) you had contact with a person who has been diagnosed with the disease and / or presents symptoms of acute respiratory infection such as:
- Fever of 38 ° C or more.
- Sore throat.
- Difficulty breathing
Tell your doctor about your travel history, and before visiting a health center do your best to explain your situation over the phone.
- The correct use of cell phones, this device is a very simple source of contact. As soon as we realize it and take the phone to the bathroom at home, in the office, in public spaces, we put it on different tables. It is time to start thinking about what we do with our phone and how we clean it.
- If you are going to go to the bathroom, do not touch the door , do it with a napkin both when entering and leaving. And above all, in these types of public places, whether it is the bathroom of the plane or the airport, do not use pressure air dryers, they are the focus of bacteria and they send them directly to your hands from all over the space where you are. And if you are in a bathroom, it will be those types of bacteria that go to your hands, this study affirms.
- Avoid visiting markets in areas where coronavirus cases are occurring and avoid direct and unprotected contact with live animals or surfaces that are in contact with animals.
- Stay informed about health advice provided in your area, both before and during your trip.
- All travelers should be aware that local authorities may begin to apply travel restrictions and sanitary control measures to travelers entering or leaving the country.
Traveling is a pleasure of life, especially when the Peruvian government took the initiative to encourage tourism with free admission to Archaeological Complexes and Natural Areas. In order to fully enjoy your trip and avoid emergencies. At Viva Peru Tours we hope, with all our hearts, to dream together again soon, to be able to continue creating these extraordinary trips in the Cusco region.