The Tourist Ticket Cusco, also known as BTC or BTC Cusco, is the entrance ticket to 16 main tourist attractions that are located around the city of Cusco – Peru. This admission document is administered by the Cusco Cultural Integrated Services Committee (COSITUC CUSCO).
What places can you visit with the Tourist Ticket?
With the Tourist Tickets of Cusco you can visit up to 16 tourist sites which are:
- Puca Pucara.
- Monumento al Inca Pachacútec.
- Centro Qosqo de Arte Nativo.
- Museo de Arte contemporáneo.
- Museo de Sitio Qoricancha.
- Museo Histórico Regional.
- Museo de Arte Popular.
However, the number of places to visit will vary according to the type of ticket you will buy. Since, with a general tourist ticket you can visit all the mentioned tourist attractions. While, with a partial tourist ticket you can only visit some of these places.
In general, the destinations most visited by most travelers are the following:
Classification of the Tourist Ticket of Cusco
The BTC is classified into four types of tickets:
Cusco General Tourist Ticket (BTG Cusco)
Also known as Cusco Integral Tourist Ticket or Cusco Complete Tourist Ticket. It is the most important ticket since it allows you to visit 16 tourist places in the Cusco region: Chinchero, Monument to the Inca Pachacutec, Moray, Museum of Contemporary Art, Qorikancha Site Museum, Regional Historical Museum, Ollantaytambo, Piquillacta, Pisac, Puca Pucara, Qenqo, Sacsayhuamán, Tambomachay, Tipón, Qosqo Native Art center and the Museum of Popular Art.
This entry ticket from Cusco is valid for 10 calendar days and subdivided into:
Tourist ticket of Cusco for Foreign Tourists:
- Integral Cusco Tourist Ticket for adult foreign tourists (BTCI). Valid for any adult foreign tourist who is credited with their passport or identification document.
- Integral Cusco Tourist Ticket for foreign students (BEE). Valid only for foreign students, not older than 25 years, who are accredited with their updated student card or ISIC CARD international student card.
Tourist Promotional Ticket of Cusco for National Tourists:
- Integral Cusco Tourist Ticket for Peruvian tourists (BIN). Valid for Peruvian adult travelers who are accredited with their national identity document (DNI).
- Integral Cusco Tourist Ticket for national students (BEN). General promotional ticket valid for students of Peru who are accredited with their student card (if they are students of superior level) and DNI (if they are students of primary or secondary).
Partial Tourist Ticket Cusco
The Cusco Partial Ticket is valid for 2 days. Allows entry to some tourist areas, grouped into tourist circuits of interest. It is not applicable for students or minors. And it does not have a special price for students.
Partial tickets are divided into 3 types:
- Touristic Ticket Cusco Partial Saqsayhuamán – Circuit I. Archaeological sites found in the archaeological park of Sacsayhuaman: Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Tambomachay and Puca Pucara.
- Tourist Ticket Cusco Partial City – Circuit II. Attractions of interest located in the historic center of the city of Cusco and in the South Valley: Regional Historical Museum, Museum of Contemporary Art, Site Museum of Qorikancha, Monument to the Inca Pachacutec and Archaeological Park of Tipon and Piquillacta.
- Cusco Sacred Valley Sacred Tourist Ticket – Circuit III. Archaeological centers located in the Sacred Valley of the Incas: Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero and Moray.
Where to Buy the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
The Cusco Tourist Ticket can be purchased at the following offices and times:
- Counter Central (Avenida El Sol 103 Tourist Galleries). Monday to Sunday from 08:00 – 18:00 Hrs.
- Tourist Information Office – DIRCETUR (Mantas street). Monday to Saturday from 08:00 – 12:00 Hrs. / 14:00 – 18:00 Hrs.
- In all the places included in the Tourist Ticket (with the exception of the Museum of Contemporary Art and Monument of Pachacútec).
Tourist attractions that are not included in the BTC
The Tourist Ticket Cusco does not include admission to the following tourist attractions of interest that are also very visited by travelers:
- The Cathedral of Cusco. It costs 25 soles (adult) and 12.5 soles (child or student) and is sold at the entrance door to the cathedral.
- The temple of Santo Domingo (Coricancha). It costs 15 soles and can be purchased at the entrance door.
- Salineras salt mines. You can buy it at the entrance to Salineras. It has a cost of 15 soles.
- The colonial temple of Andahuaylillas. It can be purchased at the entrance door at a cost of 15 soles (foreign tourists) and 10 soles (national tourist).
- The Inca temple of Raqchi. The entrance ticket costs 15 soles and is sold at the entrance door.
What places can I visit without the tourist ticket?
The city of Cusco also allows you to carry out activities and visit many other sites of interest (around Cusco) without buying the tourist ticket.
In the city of Cusco you can:
- Observe the beauty of the city of Cusco from the viewpoints of San Cristóbal and Cristo Blanco, located a few meters northeast of the city of Cusco.
- Visit the stone of the 12 angles that is located only a few meters from the main square.
- Carry out shopping in the local markets and taste the traditional gastronomy (together with the local people) in the traditional market of San Pedro.
- Walk through the main squares and millenary streets of the city.
- Tour the archaeological complex of the Temple of the Moon that is located a few meters from Qenqo and Saqsayhuamán.
Other options, if you like to observe the great culture legacy of the Andean culture, you can also visit any of the 10 museums that the city of Cusco has. However, to enter the exhibition rooms of these museums you will have to buy your ticket that can vary between 10 and 15 soles, per Museum.
Advices and Recommendations
- The Tourist Ticket cannot be purchased via internet, but only in the mentioned points of sale.
- The BTC does not include guidance or mobility only temporary income.
- Children up to 9 years of age do not pay. And children under 10 to 17 years of age have the right to buy the student tourist ticket.
- Visitors of the Andean Community of Nations (CAN) do not have any discounts.
- The tourist ticket is sold on the day and never runs out.
Recommended Tours with the Tourist Ticket
To visit the tourist circuits included in the tourist ticket, we suggest you consider our tours:
- City Tour Cusco: Cathedral, Qoricancha, Sacsayhuamán, Qenqo, Tambomachay and Puca Pucará.
- Sacred Valley of the Incas: Pisac, Ollantaytambo and Chinchero.
- Tour to Moray, Maras and Salineras.
- Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu: for 2 days and 1 night